Nothing much and EVERYTHING has changed since my last post.
I’ve learned a whole heck of a lot in the past 6 months or so. Most of those life lessons I chose to learn the hard way (Classic Chez). Oh, that’s me by the way. My struggle with embarrassing nicknames is real, so I’m pretty excited about this new one. But I digress. Mostly on purpose, because to be honest, I’d rather not tell you about how I made mistakes and hurt people. I know you all think I’m perfect and wonderful and amazing and couldn’t possibly mess up, but unfortunately I can. And I do. More often than I’d like. I will, however, spare you the details and sob stories and just tell you the major things that I’ve learned as a result:
- Don’t let a distraction become your focus.
- Never assume you know how another person thinks OR feels.
- Actions speak louder than words. WAY louder.
- Real love gives grace and doesn’t guilt trip you.
- Instagram fuels insecurities.
- Best friends will tell you the truth even when it’s hurts.
- Some risks aren’t worth taking.
- Not everything is about you.
- Don’t force close friendships on people. Let it happen at its own pace.
- Being an adult means nothing if you don’t act like one.
So there they are. The important things I’ve learned lately. Sounds like I’ve had a horrible, miserable last few months, huh? Actually, nothing could be further from the truth. Although I had my fair share of not-so-fun-this-sucks-lesson-learned moments, I experienced some of the greatest and happiest moments this life has to offer. So here are a few more things I learned, or was reminded of, during our long hiatus:
- Real friends will make sacrifices for your happiness.
- NYC is absolutely gorgeous at Christmastime.
- Work parties can be super fun.
- Laughter is the best medicine.
- Hours upon hours upon hours of rehearsing is worth it even if just one person’s life is changed.
- Reaching personal goals is always worth the hard work needed to get there. (unless you have dumb personal goals, then you should reevaluate your life. Just sayin.)
- Spending time with family is one of the greatest gifts.
- Being a bridesmaid is a true honor.
- I’m in Gryffindor.
- John Mayer is not overrated.
Other than that, things are pretty much the same…
OH WAIT. I also got engaged.
Now I’d be more than happy to give you another list of how wonderful my fiancé is, how magical the moment was when he asked me to marry him or how impressive the ring on my left hand is, but I’m pretty sure ya’ll don’t want to hear any of that mushy stuff. And if you do, just ask me in person. It’s much better in person anyway…there’s lots of jumping, fast talking, and incessant smiling involved.
So yeah, life has its ups and downs, but the important thing is to learn from the hard stuff and make sure you enjoy and savor every moment of the good.
Yep, well…uh…..that’s all I got. Ugh. I never know how to end these things.